This is my motorbike that I got from Tez, and I have decided to use it with my
latest modern figure. I am not sure who made the bike model and although it came
painted green. I have repainted it with Humbrol enamel paint, and then
drybrushed it with a lighter shade of the same colour.
The figure that I am going to use for the rider is the DiD Kurt Dorr one, the
uniform is mainly Armoury parts, with a DML Mel belt, pouches and bayonet. The
backpack is the one I made on my
I had been wondering where I was going use this backpack and this figure seemed
to me to be just the one for it and the boots are from Hot Toys.
On the back of the bike I wanted to have some sort of cargo, I had some DML
pouches spare I wanted to use. But, it was how to get them fitted to the bike
was the main problem. I got around this by, firstly making up a square of
plastic rod onto which I threaded the side pouch straps and then gluing the rod
ends together. Secondly, I cut 2 small slots in the sides of the rear mudguard,
then through those I put a webbing strap as shown in the picture below left.
This strap then came up through the side pouches and over the rod, and through
the straps of the top pouch, I then put a buckle on the webbing end and then
tightened it in place. The other two pouches are held in place with bungee cords
as shown in the picture below right.
The pictures below show the rider I have used for this model. I wanted to use
this figure and headsculpt, as I wanted to add a sense or urgency to the
kitbash. This where the flexible hands came in handy, as it allowed me to have
the figure pointing. Also the pictures show how I have used the daysack pouches,
as there is very little space for storage on the bike. The last thing I have to
really do with this model is to dirty it up a bit, as at the moment both the
bike and the rider are too clean for me. One way that I am hoping to add dirt to
the motorbike, is by using the method I use for my bases. This is with a mix of
Polyfilla and PVA glue, which I want to add to the underneath and lower sides of
the bike. Also, some of it will be applied to the boots and legs of the rider,
to make it look like some mud had sprayed up onto him. This will then be painted
in various shades of brown, to make it look like dried on mud. Also, I am
thinking about using gloss enamel varnish, to simulate wet mud on the tyres.